About Pak’s Academy Prime Taekwondo – Master Hwang
At Pak’s Academy Prime Taekwondo & Martial Arts, we incorporate scientific evidence and knowledge obtained at Rockhurst University and Yong-In University to teach our students the original philosophy of Korean Taekwondo as well as modernized Taekwondo techniques. Master Hwang’s current medical experience in the field of physical therapist and past experience as a competitor in Korean National, International, and Korean Army Taekwondo Championships (in both sparring and forms) as well as being a Captain of the Korean Tigers International Taekwondo Demonstration Team help immensely in teaching our students to be elite Martial artists.
The mission of our Pak’s Academy Prime Taekwondo is to improve not only students’ physical strength, but also their minds through a fun, but disciplined curriculum. Our curriculum is specifically designed to enhance students’ fitness, self-defense skills, respect for both self and others, courtesy, self-confidence and control, social behaviours, social skills, and to teach the leadership skills that will be fundamentally important in life.
At Pak’s Academy Prime Taekwondo, we strive to enhance family relationships through family classes. We also offer a Little Tigers class that is specially designed for kids aged 4-5, as well as classes for older children, teens, adults, and the elderly. In addition, the Pak’s Academy Prime Taekwondo provides special classes for Olympic style sparring and forms to help our students compete in national competitions.
• 6th Degree Black Belt in Taekwondo by Kukkiwon, World Taekwondo Federation (WTF)
• 4th Degree Black Belt in Hapkido
• Certified Taekwondo instructor by Kukkiwon
• Certified referee by Korean Taekwondo Association
• Doctor of Physical Therapy (Rockhurst University)
• Current Physical Therapist at Research Medical Center in Kansas City, MO
• Bachelor of Taekwondo (Yong-In University in South Korea)
• Former Captain of International Korean Tigers Taekwondo Demonstration Team
• Multiple Korean National Champion
• Korean Army Champion